Monday, February 18, 2008

Well...not much new in the world of saabettes. Its hard to get anything done when you only work on it 2 hours a day twice a week. I'm going to finish up a few more things and bring it home for the summer to do the brake lines, gas lines and wiring. Then I'll get into the saturday class and start work on painting the body. I think I found the paint codes, and i'll probably get a paint chip and find a matching metallic, or crystal paint to add a little more depth to the paint job, while maintaining the same color.

I did finally get the doors hung. gah...that was fussy work making a new hinge pin with an interference fit with the hinge.

All i did was get a #8 bolt of the right diameter. I can't remember what size it was...I think it was metric. It was a perfect fit for the hinge. I welded the bolt to the chasis so it wouldn't spin, and viola, new hinge pin.

No comments: