Monday, February 18, 2008

My first time

14 years old. My dad would take me around the neighborhood and let me drive. Hehehehe...sweet. 78 screaming horsepower at my command vibrations coming through the clutch, brake and gas, and I was scared to death....My knuckles white and my face green. I take stuff like that way too seriously. I get so set on being a 'natural' and doing something perfect my first time, that I tense up and totally mess it up. (HEHE, i'm such an arrogant bastard) If i would just relax at stuff like that, I probably WOULD be a total natural.Yep. The saabette was my first...you always remember your first. Its probably why i'm spending everyweekend of my thirties rebuilding the STUPID FREAKING RUST BUCKET! I WOULD BE LUCKY IF IN PLACES THERE ACTUALLY WAS RUST BECAUSE THEN AT LEAST I WOULD KNOW WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO IN THE GIGANTIC GAPING HOLE!. This car better be AT LEAST half as much fun as I remember. HEHE, its a hell of a project, but half of it is proving to myself that I can do it, and actually follow through on one thing in my life. I'm going to be VERY proud of it. Woe to the poor bastard who asks me about it. Plus, I'm having a hell of a time learning about all the welding and painting and mechanical stuff. I wish I liked TV instead, or drinking..is drinking a hobby?...Maybe I'll learn curling...

No comments: