Monday, February 18, 2008

sanding!

first day of class was today. I put the body of the saab on the trailer. Body=fiberglass shell from the windshield back. Put the trailer on the back of Janna's Corolla and headed off to San Jac south. It actually stayed on the trailer! I took off all of the extra parts (turn signals, tail lights, mirror, sun visors) and scraped off all of the body glue. Those wacky swedes actually glued the body onto the chasis. Then I got to sanding. I basically finished an area about 18x24 inches....oh boy! and 8 more hours of sanding next week! . Plus there are a handful of cracks that I have to glass in. Then just spray on some sealer, and filler primer...and sand some more...then more filler primer...than sand some more...and if i'm lucky...a hit with color and clear...then more sanding....sanding is my life.

No comments: