Monday, February 18, 2008

finished chasis paint

can't remember where I'm at with saabette stuff. let's see, finished painting the chasis..put the car back on its wheels...what else? I brought in the doors for fitment, and by golly they FIT! The rear axle is out of whack though, I *think* the axle itself is bent...which would mean a trip to the frame machine for a good ole fashion beating. It could alternatively mean that the mount is slightly tweaked...which, actually, has the same solution. So either way, the saabette's rear end is going to take a beating...I know some of you will be very jealous...
I found a problem putting one of the doors on, that I'm surprised I hadn't noticed before. One of the hinge pins was loose. Given the wear on the pin, it's been loose for 15 years. No replacements are available anywhere, but I can get a slightly larger pin and drill out the hinge for it. Oh well...one more thing.
Let's see...i think I have a picture here somewhere..wow...dusty camera!

No comments: